A Time-Line for the Sacrament of Matrimony
9 TO 12 MONTHS BEFORE THE CEREMONY
(or as soon as you are engaged)
Call the Pastor’s Assistant to tentatively schedule wedding date and schedule clergy appointment.
Meet with the Priest or Deacon; take FOCCUS
Attend an Engaged Couples’ Orientation Session
Email the Music Ministry Department for preliminary information (email@example.com). For more information, please see page ___ of these guidelines on Wedding Liturgy Music
Complete the Natural Family Planning Class
Complete the Theology of the Body Class
6 MONTHS BEFORE THE CEREMONY
Complete the Engaged Encounter or Sponsor Couple Sessions
2- 3 MONTHS BEFORE THE CEREMONY
- Meet with the Pastor’s Assistant to go through your selections in the Together For Life booklet
- Choose Readers (1 reader for each reading and they do not have to be Catholic, but should be able to read comfortably in public)
- Choose someone to act as Cross bearer if you are not having altar servers
- Make an appointment to meet with the Music Ministry Department to finalize music selections.
2 MONTHS BEFORE THE CEREMONY
- Prepare Program/Worship Aid. Basic music texts, and/or song numbers can be included in the aid if you contact the music dept. in advance.
1 MONTH BEFORE THE CEREMONY
- Confirm with all ushers, readers, greeters, cross bearer, etc. and remind them of the time of the rehearsal.
- Remind everyone participating in the ceremony of the time of the rehearsal.
- Mail Music stipends to Parish Office (attention Liturgy Department) ($350.00 payable to St. Anthony of