St. Anthony of Padua’s
Our Lady of Guadalupe Celebration
8 pm – 9:30pm
6:30pm – 9:45pm
Mass & Celebration
Please join us for our Parish Celebration as we honor and remember the miracle that happened on Tepeyac Hill in Mexico nearly 500 years ago. Our Blessed Mother came to us in a time of need and left behind the only image of herself in the world not made by human hands. This was done so that she might unite the land and bring all those around closer to her son. As we learn more about this miracle, we realize that this message was not only for those in Mexico but for all of the Americas!
On December 12, we will begin with a dance done by Los Matachines to honor our Blessed Mother at 6:30 p.m. with the Mass promptly beginning at 7 p.m. Afterwards we’ll continue the evening with a celebration in the gym led by a Mariachi group and invite all to stay for fellowship with refreshments and sweet bread. We will conclude the night with dances from different parts of the Americas!
We encourage everyone to come dressed in their country of origin’s traditional dress and to bring flowers to place at the foot of the altar by participating in the procession to honor our blessed Mother.
All are welcome! Come celebrate this feast day with us! We hope to see you there!!!
Interested in helping? Wondering how you can get involved?
Here are some ideas:
If any of these ideas sound like something you’d be interested in please contact: Sandy Abrego at firstname.lastname@example.org or Veronica Peñas at email@example.com and they will put you in contact with the head of each group.
- Decorating Team - Helps with the decoration inside the Gym and Fellowship Hall.
- Food - If you are interested in donating desserts for the 12th of December for the Fiesta in the gym after Mass.
- Choir/Music - Come join our English and Spanish speaking choirs as we unite to sing at the OLG Mass. There will be a rehearsal December 5th at 7 p.m. Required to be at the rehearsal before Mass as well.
- Bailables/Dance/ Song Tributes - Groups that are organized and have a dance, native to their country that they would like to perform at the Fiesta. You will be responsible for your own costumes and music on CD.
- Breakdown Team - Helps with the breakdown of tables and decorations after the celebration.