September 27, 2014
Dear Friends and Family of St. Anthony of Padua,
As your pastor, I want to simply say thank you for being a member of our faith community. I present to you our 2013-2014 Annual Report, an account of how we have diligently and thoughtfully utilized the resources we have been entrusted. We have much to be thankful for as a parish.
Some of the financial highlights of this year include:
- Thanks to your generosity, we had offertory income of $3.9 million and ministry/other income of $1.2 million. We had expenses of $4.4 million which was within 1 % of budget. We also had debt service payments of $611,000 resulting in a net surplus of $143,000. This surplus will enable us to absorb the cost of a major repair to our roof and update our parish information management system.
- As of June 30, we collected $5.4 million of the $6 million in debt-reduction pledges. We are projected to pay-off the remaining loan balance before the balloon payment is due in 2018.
- 56% of registered households had recorded contributions to our parish offertory this past year.
- The school provided exemplary Catholic education to 506 students through a combination of support from the parish, fundraising and volunteer time. The net cash flow reinvested in the school allows the school to continue its effort to provide excellent education at tuition rates that are affordable to as many families as possible.
- We begin the 2015 Fiscal Year forecasting a balanced budget.
We give our offerings not out of obligation, but from worshipful hearts of adoration for our Lord and Savior, and because we are committed to the work that we are called to do. This sense of gratitude for what God has given also comes with a call for stewardship, and so I ask you to engage with "active participation" and to consider the many ways you can contribute to our parish future this coming year.
Fr. Tom Rafferty
Robert J. Rios
Director of Administration
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE ANNUAL REPORT