H.O.P.E. (Helping Our Pain Ease)
HOPE is a 7-week adult informative grief support group open to all those interested in processing and learning more about coping with the death of a loved one either recently or in the distant past. There is no cost to attend; sessions are limited to 10 participants.
Tools and techniques to accomplish the 4 tasks of grieving will be covered with a new topic each week. The program will be led by a certified facilitator.
What are the 4 tasks of grieving?
1. Accept the reality and finality of death.
2. Allow yourself to feel the depth of the pain
3. Adjust to an environment in which the deceased is missing.
4. Emotionally relocate the deceased and move on with life.
The Grief Support Program objectives:
• To acknowledge and express feelings and thoughts in a safe, confidential setting
• To increase the understanding of the grief process
• To normalize the grief process.
• To develop healthy coping strategies.
• To accept the reality of the loss.
• To develop a support system within and outside the group.
• There is no cost or registration fee involved.
• The sessions will meet at St. Anthony’s on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:30 in Room 203.
• Each program offering is limited to a group of 10 people
• For greatest benefits, participants are encouraged to attend all 7 sessions.
Grief Sessions start on:
January 10, 2017; 6:30 pm - room 203
February 28, 2017; 6:30 pm - room 203
Questions or to confirm Session dates, Please call the Grief Support voicemail at 832-482-4227.
Due to the limited number of participants per session, we will accept RSVP’s on a “first-come, first-served” basis.
Please select 2-3 sessions you would be interested in since your first preference may not be available.