Greeter for Mass
Liturgical Hospitality Ministry Procedures
- Please arrive at Church 30 minutes before the scheduled liturgy.
- Pick up your Liturgical Hospitality Ministry nametags from the alphabetized storage box on the table located on the left side of the narthex.
- Check your family’s name off from the “Ministries” booklet for that Sunday, located on the same table.
- Take the “Reserved” signs from the Sacristans room (first room to your left upon entering the narthex – 5th drawer) and place them on the pew of your choice.
- Check with the head Sacristan and/or Usher to see if they need a family to bring up the gifts at the Offertory of the Mass.
- Proceed to the entrance of the church. Open the outside doors and station family members on either side of the entrance.
- Note: Unless requested for a special occasion, our ministry is not responsible to hand out song sheets or bulletins. Our Ministry is there to greet and welcome our church family to each and every liturgical celebration.
- Warmly and enthusiastically greet your fellow parishioners with a smile, a handshake and a kind word. Welcome them!
- A few minutes before the liturgy begins close the front doors and feel free to proceed to your reserved pew.
- If you have a question and/or concern please see the head Sacristan or Usher; they will be glad to help.
- If your family has a conflict with your scheduled date and/or liturgy, it is your responsibility to find a substitute family from our roster.
Thank you again for your time and talent! You make us a “welcoming faith community”!