Congratulations on the birth, adoption or anticipated arrival of your child! You have asked that your child become a member of God’s Christian Church and family through the Sacrament of Catholic Baptism. It is a very joyful experience for us to welcome a new Christian into the Church and into our parish community. It will be your duty, with the help of the Godparents you have chosen and the whole Christian community, to bring up your child to keep God’s commandments as Christ taught us, by loving God and neighbor.
This letter outlines the requirements that need to be fulfilled to receive Baptism at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church.
- Your child must be 6 years old or under on the Baptism date. If your child is 7 years old or older, please contact our office for details on preparing this child for Baptism.
- Parents and Godparents should complete Baptism preparation classes at least one month prior to the Baptism date. If you have attended a previous Baptism class within 3 years of the date, you may be exempt. Please see the Baptism Class form for details.
- In order to receive a Baptismal Certificate, you will need to turn in a copy (not the original) of your child’s Birth Certificate. We must have this certificate 2 weeks prior to the Baptism in order to have your Baptismal Certificate prepared on the day of Baptism. Please keep your child’s Baptismal Certificate in a safe place along with the Birth Certificate. You will need it again when your child prepares for First Reconciliation, First Communion, Confirmation, and Matrimony/Holy Orders.
- If you are a member of another parish, you must obtain a letter of permission from your parish to have the Baptism at St. Anthony of Padua.
- If you live in the area and are not a parishioner of St. Anthony of Padua Church, you are highly encouraged to register and become a member of our thriving, Spirit-filled community.
The following forms can be found in this packet and will need to be returned to the parish office
at least 2 weeks prior to the Baptism date
to complete your registration.
- Baptism Registration form
- Baptism Preparation Class Registration forms plus supporting documentation as applicable (one for each Parent and Godparent)
- Godparent Form (one for each Godparent)
- Copy of child’s Birth Certificate
We look forward to serving you as you prepare for your child’s Baptism. If you have any questions about Baptism, please contact Charles Giardina at email@example.com, or 832-482-4141.
Yours in Christ,
Kristine Marlow Charles Giardina
Children’s Sacrament and Formation Coordinator Infant Baptism Administrator