~ These notes merely highlight the deviations from regular Masses; all other regular sacristan duties apply. ~
Set up Ledge behind Presider’s Chair:
- Large Sacramentary from the Creedence table
- Celebrant’s chalice
- Ciboria tray
- Chalice tray
- Clear bowl with clear cruet with water and fingertip towel
Set up Presider’s Chair:
- Small Sacramentary from the Altar Server pew – place on armrest between Priest & Deacon
Set up candles at the Ambo:
- These are found in the stand in the Altar Server room
- Be careful when placing them in the candle holder – the glass tops can fall off easily
- Those at the Ambo and those in front of the Tabernacle ledge
Until one or more Altar Servers are at the Mass, the sacristan will act as the cross-bearer. The cross is found in the stand in the Altar Server room.
Lead the procession and place it in the stand by the Mary statue.
Be prepared to lead the recession of of the church with the cross. Remember to make your way over to the Mary statue before dismissal.
Return the cross to the stand in the Altar Server room.
Extinguish all candles
Return Gospel candles to the stand in the Altar Server room.
Return the small Sacramentary to the Altar Server pew.
Return the large Sacramentary to the Creedence table.
Return all other items to their proper places for the 9am Mass.