Time is a gift from God. Each of us is given only so much time, and planning a careful schedule in order to have the time to work, to rest, to play, and to pray is vital in the stewardship of our spiritual lives. A commitment of time in Prayer is essential in order to further develop our relationship with God.
Grow in community
- Make Mass your top priority. Attend a weekday Mass when possible.
- Schedule time for daily prayer.
- Pray with family and friends.
- Spend time at Eucharistic Adoration.
- Attend a Bible Study and/or a retreat.
- Read the Bible.
We have all been blessed by God with unique, individual talents that we are called upon to share with God and our community. In sharing, we serve God, strengthen our parish and schools and help one another as we build up God's Church and each other in Christ. Gifts are never meant for oneself, they are meant for the good of all.
Grow in sacrifice
- Join a small group.
- Actively serve in a committee or a ministry.
- Encourage your children to fulfill our faith.
- Invite a friend or neighbor to Mass.
- Advocate for the social teachings of the Catholic Church.
The gift of our treasure may be the most challenging for us to share; perhaps even testing our faith. Do I really want this? Do I even need this? Am I using this gift in a way that is pleasing to God? Is there a better way I can be using my treasure in service to the Lord and my neighbor? Our secular culture holds wealth and possessions as symbols of our independence, power and success yet fails to recognize or measure our spiritual growth and effort. As disciples of the Lord, we are called to prayerfully consider what God is calling us to give acknowledging that we are only returning to Him what he has given to us. It is then not so much the gift, but our intention to give that is most important.
- Sort through clothing, toys, and household goods.Give some to the poor.
- Start a family Save-Spend-Share piggy bank.
- Contribute to the many worthy needs of the 2nd Collections at Mass.
- Strive to give a percentage of your income to our support our parish.